Author: Barbara J. Hoogenboom
Number Of Pages: 1168
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The definitive guide to designing and implementing evidence-based rehabilitation programs using therapeutic exercise — updated in full color
A Doody’s Core Title for 2015!
Musculoskeletal Interventions, 3rd Edition, is a comprehensive guide to the system considerations, design, implementation, and progression of rehabilitation programs for musculoskeletal injuries and dysfunction. Encompassing many aspects of musculoskeletal rehabilitation, with contributions from many renowned authors, it focuses on the practical application of theory in a clinical setting, making it valuable to both students and experienced physical therapists. Musculoskeletal Interventions features an easy-to-follow body region and functional approach to intervention strategies and is logically divided into five sections:
Foundations of the Rehabilitation Process
- Addresses the important considerations in designing a rehabilitation program for the patient with a musculoskeletal injury
- Provides a guide-based overview of the rehabilitation process as well as an introduction to Clinical Reasoning and Algorithmic Thinking in rehabilitation
Treating Physiologic Impairments During Rehabilitation
- Presents information on various physical impairments that may need to be addressed as part of the rehabilitation process
The Tools of Rehabilitation
- Provides an overview of important rehabilitation tools and strategies
- Delivers detailed coverage of how these interventions should be incorporated into a rehabilitation program to achieve the individualized treatment goals for patients with musculoskeletal pathologies
Intervention Strategies for Specific Injuries
- Covers specific rehabilitation techniques and interventions applied to the treatment of a wide variety of regional musculoskeletal injuries, dysfunctions, and post-operative conditions
Special Consideration for Specific Patient Populations
- Discusses treatment considerations for specific patient populations, such as the geriatric patient, pediatric patient, and physically active female
This edition is enhanced by a new full-color presentation, as well as the inclusion of valuablelearning aids, such as clinical pearls, protocol grids, algorithms, learning objectives at the beginning of eachchapter, and end-of-chapter treatment guidelines and references.